Your ideal client is on LinkedIn, but do you know how to find them?
First you must be able to define your ideal client. After you know who you are looking for, there are some easy ways to locate them on LinkedIn and begin to develop a relationship with them.
- Join LinkedIn groups where your ideal client is a member. Often in these groups, they will discuss problems they are trying to solve or ask for referrals.
- Run an Advanced Search using some of the identifying traits of your ideal client. You will find a list of people who you’ll want to begin prospecting.
- Once you have a suspect identified, contact them privately and offer them a solution. Your solution may be in the form of a free video, whitepaper, checklist, or webinar.
- Work to develop the relationship before you offer any form of paid consultation or service.
- Create a system for follow-up and keep current on who you need to check in with. Using the scheduler in LinkedIn Contacts is a great way to do this.
- Consistently post relevant and useful information in your status updates to gain visibility and gain trust in your network.
- Stay active in the groups you are using for lead generation. Provide valuable comments to what others are posting. This will help you stay top-of-mind.
- Share resources from others. This will help build a sense of mutual respect.
- Share your lead generation tools. These could be newsletter subscriptions, blog posts, videos, checklists, or invitations to be featured on your blog or in a case study.
- Once you begin to develop a relationship on LinkedIn, work to move the engagement offline. Suggest a phone call or one-on-one meeting.
Ready to get started with LinkedIn, but feeling stuck? Schedule a 15 minute free consultation with a LinkedIn Expert to identify your path to reaching success with LinkedIn.