So many local and independent businesses depend on word-of-mouth referrals for their business success. Referrals, reviews, recommendations, engagement and endorsements are all forms of social proof.
The next time you receive great service at a store or restaurant, enjoy a new locally made product, or have a problem taken care of by a local professional, give them a shout-out on social media.
Offer up a dose of social proof by giving one of these a try:
- Post a picture of you at the establishment or with the product to your social media accounts.(Remember to tag the business in your post.)
- Write a Yelp, Google or TripAdvior Review.
- Visit and “like” their Facebook Page. Invite your friends to like their page as well.
- Provide a recommendation on LinkedIn.
- Peruse their blog and leave a thoughtful comment.
Here’s an example from a photo that was shared on Facebook and Twitter a few weeks ago after a great event hosted by American Family’s Dream Bank.