It can be a daunting task to continually post relevant updates to your social media profiles. The key to keeping things relevant is to always keep your social media strategy in mind as you post. For example…
Are you trying to portray your knowledge in a particular area? Post a link to original content you’ve written.
Are you trying to build deeper relationships with your network? Comment on the status updates of others.
Are you searching for help with a project? Pose questions to your network.
Here are a few more ideas for status updates to get you started:
- Post a link to an industry report.
- Congratulate someone on their achievement.
- Answer a question posed by someone in your network.
- Post a link to a news article with your comments and encourage a discussion.
- Add to an ongoing discussion.
- Post a how-to video related to your industry.
- Post a comment on a new project you’ve started.
- Post a photo of a completed project.
- Ask your network for referrals to a service provider.
- Announce the addition of a key employee to your company.
- Post a book recommendation.
- Mention an upcoming conference you’ll be attending.
Recommendations for how often to post vary, but the general guideline many social media experts suggest is as follows:
Twitter: 3-4 times a day
Facebook: 1-2 times a day
LinkedIn: 2-4 times a week
Of course, your specific social media strategy will vary based on the goals you’ve set. Your strategy will also change over time. Be sure to evaluate your goals for social media every couple months so you can adjust your strategy accordingly.
For guidance in setting up your LinkedIn profile, request our free report: 10 Tips to Make Your LinkedIn Profile Work for You.
Photo by SYSWARE_Canada